Monday, November 14, 2011

What's on My Mind Monday

Linking up over here!

I.  It's amazing how much a twenty-week old changes in one week.  Since last Monday, she went from an average of four wake-ups per night to about one and a half (excluding Saturday night, more on that later).  She also started actually eating her rice cereal, as opposed to swirling it around in her mouth before spitting it all back out.  Oh yeah, and she can sit by herself now, for about five minutes (after which it's usually nap time, because she wears herself out!)
II.  Trying to fit attending a send-off party, having an overnight guest, baby dedication, Madison's first restaurant experience, Christmas pictures, a five mile walk hike, a week's worth of schoolwork(Pat's), and a call-out from work (also Pat) into one two-day weekend was probably the worst idea I've ever had.  Madison's sleep schedule agrees.
 III.  Madison's "Uncle" John ships out for the Air Force tomorrow.  We had to say "bye" last night.  It'll only be a couple of months before we see him again, but I'm pretty sure the longest Pat's gone without seeing him before now was, like, a week.  And they had withdrawals then.  Now seeking a brutally honest, painfully generous, loyal-to-a-fault friend for Pat.  All applicants must come equipped with at least fifty never-heard-before swear-replacing phrases that in some way reference spherical toys.  Training in Brazilian jiu jitsu a plus.   The patience and long-suffering required to deal with us is a must.  Now that I put it that way, I'm pretty sure we won't be replacing John Ballard any time soon. 
IV.  I missed most of yesterday's game, but I'm still proud of my Texans!  I know it was just the Buc's and everything, but 37-9?  Without Andre Johnson?  I hate to jinx anything, but at this point I think it's pretty safe to say I'll get to watch more than sixteen games this season, if you know what I mean.  : )


Happy Monday!
-Kelli

1 comment: