Friday, August 12, 2011

Here's to New Beginnings...


I've decided to start this blog for two reasons.

The first is to document my our quickly changing lives.  Just last year, "family" was the two of us, Patrick and me.


We had no idea that just one year later, "family" would include such a beautiful, hard working, sweet talking, stubborn little girl named Madison!


 Now, I wouldn't have it any other way.  HOWEVER, I do wish that I had kept some sort of diary, journal, or, I don't know...blog, so I could remember the details of our lives before this precious baby came home with us.  So that got me to thinking...wouldn't it be great five, ten, seventy (big jump, I know) years down the road to be able to revisit, and share with Madison, some of the unforgettable moments that we experience almost daily?  For instance, I'd sure hate to forget the way she likes to sleep snuggled up to the wall of her bassinet, the back of the couch, or Daddy.


 Or how relaxed she is right after eating.
 

I also plan to use this blog to set and track progress on some exciting new goals.  More on that tomorrow!

Thanks for reading,
-Kelli


9 comments:

  1. I love love love the second picture. She sure is a cutie. Can't wait to see her again. I'm excited that you have started this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Christie! That was one that our friend Cristina with Snapshotz Photography took for us. I think she's pretty great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I'll be enjoying this process. Love the pictures and commentary! Really love that second picture too! Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  4. And, I'm looking forward to hearing about your goals. dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Ms. Dorothy! I thought it would be fun to share this with everyone...I hope you do enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES! I love having a new blog to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Nana is sooooo impressed with Madison's Mommie! She will love this later in life. I didn't get my kisses today. I LOVE HER! Nana

    ReplyDelete
  8. :) Thanks, Emily. I love finding new blogs, too-yours is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nana, she missed your kisses yesterday...she's so traumatized she had to wake Mommy up at 4:30 to tell her all about it. You'll just have to make up for it tomorrow(today?)!:)

    ReplyDelete