Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween!

 Last night we hit up the fall festival at our church.  I haven't come to the event for a couple of years, and I was really surprised to see what a big turnout we had; there was less parking than Easter Sunday! 

Here I am with our little cupcake. Oh, and the tree we're standing in front of has not fallen; it's actually still alive and growing!  It has been leaning pretty severely for as long as I can remember, but Hurricane Rita pushed it down to pretty much parallel with the ground.
All the activity at 6:45 at night was a little more than she was used to.  Pat and I kept grabbing her from each other because she was being so much more cuddly than usual!
Madison's first piece of candy.  I need to remember to get that out of the diaper bag before our weather man remembers this is Houston! 
Madison's typical bedtime is somewhere from 6:00 to 6:45, and we usually let her wind down slowly.  After all this craziness, I expected her to have a difficult night.  Nope!  For the first time in two and a half weeks, she actually slept pretty well!  She got a total of eleven hours, with one feeding about six hours in.  Then she woke up this morning, ate, and fell right back asleep! 

I hope this means she's back to normal.  I'm not sure how many more nights I could handle.  The night before last, the second time she woke up, I was trying to calm her down.  I remember thinking, "I could handle this if her cries weren't so red.  And square!"  That's when I decided to get Patrick's help.  Thanks, honey!

On a side note, I was very disappointed in Nancy Grace's performance last night on Dancing With the Stars.  I have always hated her show(s).  I think it's terrible the way she judges people in front of America before they have their fair trial.  However, since she's been on DWTS, I've come to actually kind of root for her.  I would still never willingly watch any of her shows, but I think the way she gets excited about good feedback is kind of sweet.  That's why I was so upset when she was forced to dance the jive to "The Devil Went Down to Georgia".   There was no way a 52 year old non-athlete would be able to move fast enough to do justice to the song.  I hope she makes it through, anyway.

How was your Halloween?  Have you ever seen a sound?  Who (if anyone) are you rooting for on DWTS?
-Kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment