Monday, December 12, 2011

What's on My Mind Monday

Linking up over here with Carissa!

I.  I left Madison in the nursery during Sunday School yesterday.  Except for a scheduled feeding (I didn't bring a bottle for her), she was fine the whole time!  I did okay, too.  And it was nice to sit through Sunday School.  It's been about five months since I've done that!

II.  We also left Madison with my mom last night so we could attend Patrick's company Christmas party.  We were gone for four and a half hours, and I didn't cry one time!  I thought that was pretty impressive, considering that she was taking a nap when we left (meaning no goodbye), and I expected her to be down for the night once we got back.  Thankfully, she woke up pretty much exactly when we got home(but went back to sleep with no problem), so we were able to tell her good night.

III.  Christmas is in thirteen days.  Which is hard for me to wrap my mind around, since I'm pretty sure it's still August.

IV.  The Texans are amazing.  I could not have been more excited about the last two minutes of yesterday's game (v. Bengals) if it was the Super Bowl.  Now it's time to stop getting injuries and rest up the big players (the ones we have left, anyway) for...PLAYOFFS!

V.  Tres Leches.  Ohmygoodness, that was some good stuff.  How do they get that much liquidy goodness to stay in the cake?

VI.  Madison can say Mama.  More accurately, she can say "ammmmmmmmm ummmmmmm mmmmmmmamamama".  Still no "d"'s.  And yes, I'm perfectly aware that she is not really attaching any particular meaning to her mummmummmm's, but a girl can dream, right?

Happy Monday!
-Kelli 

1 comment: