Thursday, December 1, 2011

It Happens So Quickly!

No, not the floors.  Those are at a standstill until Saturday.

  Madison is growing up so quickly!  I know it's cliche, and I know we were warned a thousand times not to blink, but we just weren't prepared for this.  After she wore herself out yesterday, she plopped back in Patrick's arms and stayed there for probably ten minutes while he carried her around.  I told her she was so sweet, and she was letting Daddy hold her "like a baby".  That's when I realized that, although she is still by definition a baby, there's a little girl emerging.

Yesterday's photo shoot helped to reinforce that line of thought.  Check her out at one week:
 And twenty-three weeks:
Are you kidding me?  I can't even fit all of her into the frame any more! 

She also blew me away yesterday with a big first; she fed herself.  I mean, I guess it wasn't a true first, because she has grabbed the spoon and jammed it in her own mouth countless times.  But never a solid food!  Here she is gnawing chewing (I still can't believe she has teeth) on her rice rusk:
Oh, and please ignore her "outfit".  We're having a bit of a laundry crisis right now...I just can't keep up with this girl's spit up!

She loves to pull up from sitting to standing now.  Usually we do the work by pulling her hands up, but here lately she has taken the initiative a few times.  I love watching her little bottom wobbling in circles while she stands.  It almost looks like she's hula hooping.

The one and only thing that she still refuses to do is to roll over either way.  Back at two months, she rolled over from tummy to back for about a week.  Then she forgot how.  Other than the other morning, when she woke up on her tummy (which is obviously not how we put her down), she hasn't rolled over on her own since.  I really believes that she thinks that would just encourage me with tummy time, which she has always hated.

Well, I'm off to enjoy my baby girl.  Have a great day!
-Kelli

1 comment:

  1. Love the blog this morning. Pretty soon you won't have to do anything for her (just kidding), but she is moving right along; doing very well; and yes becoming a little girl! Precious!!

    ReplyDelete