Thursday, December 8, 2011

Another Christmas First

Yesterday I posted about our first real Christmas tree.  And no, we didn't decorate it yet.  However, last night we did get the ball rolling on another big Christmas "first": we ordered our Christmas cards!

Forty sure sounded like a lot last night, but this morning as I'm making our list, I'm starting to realize that forty may not be enough after all.  We had this problem with wedding invites, too (although we definitely invited a lot more than forty people). 

I think we'll just make it work.  Forty covers our close family (the ones we see more than twice a year) and friends (the ones whose phone numbers we have and use).  If we start branching out to extended family and Facebook friends, we might end up with five hundred cards to address(not to mention stamping).  And that would not put me in a very jolly mood.

My only fear is that we'll forget someone important.  That's almost enough to make me want to scrap the whole thing.  Two weeks after our wedding, I realized that one of my best childhood friends had not received an invitation.  I realized this when she mailed us a gift.  Worst day EVER.  

I think we'll press on, anyhow.  And I can't close out this post without a little preview, now can I?
Do you send Christmas cards?  How many do you send, and when do you send them? 
-Kelli

2 comments:

  1. OMG I love that picture!! So adorable! and where did you get that cute headband? hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? Cutest headband EVER. :)

    ReplyDelete