Tuesday, August 30, 2011

House Tour: The Office

In honor of Pat's first day of school (yesterday) I thought I should let you guys see his classroom.  And since Madison's still on the road to feeling better, and therefore is still being pretty stinkin' demanding all day, and therefore I never have a chance to clean it (or anything else, for that matter), I thought I'd let you see it as is.  Don't judge.   
Office/playroom/guest bedroom in one.

Obviously, we're not making the best use of our space.

Sadly, I'm responsible for picking out this light. 

The room looks better already. : )

Bills, school stuff, work stuff, medical docs, last night's dessert and milk, bulb syringe, Bible...your typical workspace clutter.

Do you think we might need help with cords/files?
We stole the doorknob from the closet for Madi's room.
So, my goal is to have this room serve five purposes: office, playroom, guest room, reading nook, and being pretty. Okay, maybe that's really only four purposes with one contingency.  Either way, we've got some work to do.  To the list!
-Repaint- I was going for a buttery cream, not tangerine sherbet.  I think it's time to just pick a new color altogether, although I'm sure we'll wind up with my favorite blue-green-grey, like always. 
-Replace light- With something less like a piece of anatomy and more in keeping with the style in the rest of the house.
-Get sleeper sofa, daybed w/ trundle, or (heaven forbid) a futon-It's important to us to be able to sleep two guests.  Important enough to live with a futon?  I don't know yet...we shall see.
-Replace desk- Our desk now is really nice; we've been "borrowing" it from my parents for probably three years now.  So it's probably time to move on.  We also want something that takes less visual (and actual) space.
-Get a rug, curtains, desk chair, reading chair, side table, and light.
-Replace closet doorknob
-Create filing system
-Hide wires
-Stop eating in the office!!
-Amp up Madi's play space- I've got some exciting ideas from Pinterest for this...we'll see how much I'm brave enough to actually incorporate!

What do you think?  Are we crazy to try to fit four functions into one small room?  Do you have any suggestions for CHEAP but stylish guest bed options?  Do you also mindlessly eat peanut butter cookies while facebooking?  I need your help on this one. 

By the way, if this is your first house tour, you should go check out the living room, kitchen, hallway, bathroom, and bedroom!

Thanks!
-Kelli

3 comments:

  1. I like the comforter. ;) I don't think you could stop eating in the office, nor should you stop. It's a fact of life. Also, would a ceiling fan be better than a light fixture? I don't think I can help you with the cookies. I would have the same problem.
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you might like it. :) Yes, a ceiling fan is probably the way to go...that would be one way to improve her play space. As a matter of fact, rug + ceiling fan could = her play space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be efficient! LOL
    Becky

    ReplyDelete