I. 2012 New Years Resolutions:
- Physical: Run five miles in under fifty minutes/run a 5k in under 25 minutes/run a 6.5 min mile/run a quarter mile in 1:05. (That last one has me a little worried)
- Financial: GET A NEW HOUSE without compromising our financial situation. We've been working out the logistics of this move for about a week (which in real estate time is about a minute), but we're really excited about it! I'll be posting more about our financial goals sometime soon.
- Spiritual: First of all, let me say that I know our relationship with God is supposed to be a natural outpouring of our love for Him, not an item to be checked off a list. However, there are times when the only way a conversation will happen is if you make yourself do it. That's why a daily quiet time is one of my goals this year. And from past experiences, I know that forcing myself to do it for a few weeks (maybe even a few months) will lead to me looking forward to that time.
- Relational: Be a better friend!!! With Madison, it's easy to get distracted for days at a time and forget everything else. For example, Ana, as I was typing this, I remembered that I never replied to your text last year. Sorry, there was a diaper Event (trust me, it's capitalized for a reason) and I didn't remember 'til now.
- And more. That really aren't any of your business. And I mean that in the nicest way possible : )
III. Patrick and I both got new running shoes! Madison's health permitting, we're going to hit the trails with them for the first time today. While trying them on, I jogged around Academy excitedly screaming things like, "No wonder my knees were hurting! Is this what it's supposed to feel like?!" In retrospect, I probably could have been a bit more discreet. In my defense, these are the first new running shoes I've gotten since the fall of '08. And I run A LOT. I was more than a little excited.
IV. Our Christmas tree has been prepped for burial. And by burial, I mean taking full advantage of the lifted burn ban. A new tradition?
V. Our TV decided not to turn on yesterday. We've got a Christian (!) television repair company coming out to look at it today. We're really hoping it's a cheap fix, because while we are not above living without television until after we've got a new place, it sure is nice to have a mindless way to wind down at the end of the day.
Happy Monday! Oh yeah, and happy new year! I know I'm a day late, but with it being a leap year, we've still got 365 days to go. So yesterday didn't count, right?