Monday, April 30, 2012

What's On My Mind Monday

Linking up over here:
miscellany monday at lowercase letters









I.  So, I mentioned that Patrick would be moving to more of an office-y type position at work, and he will...eventually.  See, he can't leave his current position until his replacement arrives, his replacement can't leave his current position until he trains someone to do his job, and he can't train anyone to do his job until people in that department stop quitting or getting fired!!!  Very frustrating.  I'm ready for Patrick to come home clean, so he can grab Madison and I can go to the bathroom.  It's the little things, people.

II.  Patrick dropped two pants sizes in the last six months.  Between the two PE courses he took last semester, crossfit workouts, and our restricted calories, he's down to 160 pounds sopping wet.  We're going to buy some protein so his body can stop eating itself.   

III.  Owing to his weight loss, we needed to buy him some new jeans.  That's the office dress code (lucky!), and his two-sizes-too-big jeans just weren't doing the trick.  Since we're cheap, we tried out Plato's Closet for the first time.  I'm not really impressed with the store for two reasons.  First, you can get way better deals at a normal thrift store.  Second, they were playing extremely offensive music.  You know when I won't repeat what it said, it was pretty bad.  We ended up asking them to turn it off, which they did, but it still kind of left a bad taste in my mouth.  We did, however, walk away with two great pairs of jeans (nothing fancy, but well fitting Levi's Signature and American Eagle) for around $30.  New, they're each around $40..  The only thing I did like about the store was that they have their clothes (mostly) organized by size, so you don't have to sort through as much junk to get through the good stuff.

IV.  Madison is trying so hard to say "Mama".  She purses her lips together, focuses really hard on the task at hand, then says "babababababammmmba".  We try to include her in conversation, so at the dinner table last week I asked her who she thought was most likely to win the presidential election.  She replied "abamba".  I know you're not supposed to spank babies, but could you have resisted?  

V.  She's getting so good at walking that I don't think it will be much longer before she moves to the walkers class at church.  I've got mixed feelings about that; I think she'll enjoy it more, because at ten months old she's the oldest in the nursery now, but I don't think mommies are as welcome in there.  I guess I'll have to find my own Sunday School class.

 Note: Please do not call CPS.  I assure you the closest Madison has ever come to a spanking is getting burped.

Happy Monday!
-Kelli

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I found your blog through Miscellany Monday, and I'm so glad I did. You have such a cute blog and an even cuter baby girl. I'm your newest follower. Nice to 'meet' you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is it with our kids that they basically skip the crawling stage? Before you know it she will be climbing...watch out:)

    ReplyDelete