Monday, May 14, 2012

What's On My Mind Monday

Linking up over here:
miscellany monday at
lowercase letters
I.  You've got to love out of the blue, just because, gifts.  My mom showed up at our house last Wednesday night, arms filled with all of this:
This isn't the first time she's randomly shown up with groceries, but it's definitely the biggest bounty to date!  And, yes, our pantry and freezer were already full, but not with anything nearly as fun as pop tarts, burgers, steaks, pork chops, or bacon!  Ohhhhh, and the cinnamon rolls.  Mmmmm.  Now, that was a good start to my first (second?  does pregnancy count?) mother's day.  If you look closely at the top left portion of the table, you'll see she got Madison some treats, too!  I've got to say, though, that Gerber was being more than a little sneaky by calling their product "biscuits".  One of the main ingredients is sugar!  She gets one (maybe) a day.

Needless to say, we haven't eaten rice and beans since Wednesday.

II.  Mother's Day was so much fun!  First, Pat surprised me with a frappuccino and card that he and Madison made together:
 Madison and I played hooky from church (not intentionally, just a timing mishap), then headed out with Patrick to hit the stores/mall playground/TGI Fridays.  The stores were kind of a bust; I did exchange a less-than-month-old pair of jeans from Old Navy that busted a seam on the back pocket(which, by the way, they did without a receipt, no questions asked-kudos!), but then I spent forty five minutes trying to find just one top that I liked at Plato's Closet.  I guess I just wasn't in the spending mood, because we walked out empty handed. 

Madison was, as usual, the smallest kid on the playground, and I'm pretty sure Patrick had at least three near-miss heart attacks when bigger kids zoomed past her. 

By the time we got to Fridays, she was about three hours late for her daily nap, yet still managed to be on her best behavior.  Sweet girl!  Oh, and she was wearing a cute navy headband with a bow, but it had magically become a necklace about seventeen times by this point, so here she is in all her "what a handsome little boy you have" glory.  As if the frilly shirt with pink and purple, the sparkly shoes, and the pink sippy cup weren't clue enough.  But I digress.
She had sweet potato fries (Patrick was surprised that they were fried, haha) and LOVED them.
We ate something a little less healthy:
Okay, we did eat "real" food, too, but you know this ^ was the main event.

III.  I'm doing "Insanity" with a group of ladies from my church.  It started on Monday, but I didn't jump in until Wednesday.  I've only done three workouts, one of which was a recovery, but my calves are still so sore that I have to stop and recover for a minute any time I stand up.  I'm pretty excited about it, because I actually believe that the results they promise (just google "insanity results" or "insanity before and afters") are real.  For a workout this hard, of course you're going to get crazy-good results!

Happy Monday!
-Kelli

1 comment: