Friday, March 2, 2012

Two things. 

1.  Madison made her second recognizable sign last night: "eat".  Her first was "milk".  She did it very distinctly three times in a row during dinner.  At first I thought she was feeding herself a rogue puff from her high chair, but it turns out that her pudgy little hand was empty, and she wasn't actually putting her hand in her mouth, just gesturing towards it.

2.  A friend asked me the other day how old Madison was when she started having sleep issues.  I dug around on here, found it, told her, and then told her about how well the pick up/put down method worked.  Well, I think I may have spoken too soon.  Madison spent the last eight hours of her night awake, mostly crying.  I did try the pick up/put down method, and she quieted down on the 39th round.  That was really exciting for the four minutes it lasted.  : /  She got about two and a half hours of sleep before she woke up and started this, and then another hour after her early morning feeding.  I got forty-five minutes.

That being said, I'm going to go see what I can do about convincing Madison that this is a good time for a nap.  Wish me luck!

-Kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment